AGENDA #6– June 16, 2022 at 6:15 pm – Council members and public in person and Online Meeting
- Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call – Honorable Members of Village Council
- Invocation by Councilwoman Vikki O’Hara
- Approval of Meeting Minutes of Regular Meeting May 19, 2022
- Approval of Department Monthly Reports (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Zoning) for May 2022
- Recognition of Department Heads (Police, Fire, Zoning and Street Dept.)
- Fiscal Officer’s Report and approval of expenditures
- Bills in the amount of $
- Mayor’s Report on Daily Business
- Nate Quicksall
- The publicly advertised request for engineering services in the March 2022 Bargain Hunter for the Grant Street Project, W.E. Quicksall was the highest rated firm. Nate Quicksall will submit his contract for consideration.
- Agreement for Lighting Improvements with AEP
- Update on Downtown Revitalization Project – 2 grant applications from OMEGA and a local foundation
c Additional Painting in the Park
d Update on Fire Garage repairs
- Dennison CDBG Sidewalk Construction Project – Will plan to bid in early January for construction in the spring of 2023 as soon as weather allows rather than later this summer with construction in the fall.
- N 1st Street Sidewalk Grant was denied
- State Funding grant of $95,000 was awarded to Dennison for the Community Room Accessibility Project which will allow the Village Hall building to be handicap accessible and have new handicap accessible restrooms. Letters of thanks will be sent to State Representative Brett Hillyer and Senator Jay Hottinger.
- Refer the future decisions about the new K-9 officer to the Safety Committee Chairperson, Tracie Bolitho, to handle with Police Chief Todd Beeman
- Approval of the retirement of Police K-9 Eddie Bronco effective June 4, 2022 and acceptance of the signed agreement with former Ofc. Stephen Feck for details of Bronco’s retirement.
- Permission to take applications for replacement of future retirees for the positions of Zoning Administrator and Building Code enforcement and Fiscal Assistant.
- Committee Reports/Council person’s reports
There were no committee meetings held since May 19, 2022
Adjournment – Next meeting is Thursday, July 21, 2022 @ 6:15pm