AGENDA #1 – January 20, 2022 at 6:15 pm – Council members and public in person and Online Meeting
Oath of Office for Helen Borland, Mike Clark, Jim Dickey and Kene Edwards
Mayor Pro Tem appointment
- Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call – Honorable Members of Village Council
- Approval of Meeting Minutes of Regular Meeting November 18, 2021 (No meeting was held in December 2021)
- Approval of Department Monthly Reports (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Zoning) for November and December 2021 and Annual Report for 2021 for Police, Fire and Zoning
- Recognition of Department Heads (Police, Fire, Zoning and Street Dept.)
- Fiscal Officer’s Report and approval of expenditures
- Bills in the amount of $
- Mayor’s Report on Daily Business
- 2021 Mayor’s Report of Accomplishments
- Sculpture Tour project through the Tuscarawas Arts Partnership
- Secured a grant for $443,000 for Grant Street Storm Sewer from Corp. line to N. 4th St. through Ohio Department of Development Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Grant. (plus an additional $50,000 from the Village’s American Rescue funds)
- Approve Mayor to take bids for a contract for Design engineering service in connection to the Grant St. Lighting and Storm Sewer Project.
- Praise and comment on the Light Up Dennison and Downtown Cruise event on November 28, 2021.
- Wendy Zucal, director of the Dennison Depot Museum, update on Depot activities
- Gage Teischinger request
- Open real estate bid for 636 N 2nd St.
- Sell Lot on S. 3rd Street (Parcel #42-00380-000) to Habitat for Humanity for $3,750 (received through the land reutilization program)
- Street Sweeping Contract for 2022 (increase of $1,071 over last year’s contract)
- Approve joining the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce (for insurance rate purposes)
- Jail Agreement with the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Department
- Approve the 2022 Portable bathroom rental agreements for McCluskey and Thornwood Parks.
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- A RESOLUTION BY THE VILLAGE OF DENNISON AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO PREPARE AND EXECUTE AN APPLICATION FOR TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM THROUGH THE STATE OF OHIO, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION FOR THE NORTH FIRST STREET SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT, AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY AND BE IN FORCE IMMEDIATELY UPON ITS PASSAGE TO MEEET THE TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM DEADLINE.
- Committee Reports/Council person’s reports
There have been no committee meetings since November 18, 2021
Adjournment – Next meeting is Thursday, February 17, 2022 @ 6:15pm