AGENDA #7 – July 19, 2023 at 6pm – Council members and public in person and Online Meeting
1. Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call – Honorable Members of Village Council
2. Invocation by Councilwoman Vikki O’Hara
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes of Regular Meeting June 21, 2023
4. Approval of Department Monthly Reports (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Zoning) for June 2023
Brooke Yates – Fair Housing presentation for the PY2021 CDBG Allocation Grant
5. Recognition of Department Heads (Police, Fire, Zoning and Street Dept.)
6. Fiscal Officer’s Report and approval of expenditures
a. Bills in the amount of $60,837.22
6a. Finance Committee report –
1. Fire truck repair – Advantech $16,993.11
2. Deer Hill Storm sewer improvements – Bridges Excavation $9,560
7. Mayor’s Report on Daily Business
a. Update on Downtown Revitalization Project – Money raised to date $304,752; so far spent $59,476.23
b. Update on Project list
c. Dennison Skate Rink donations and advertising $89,660; Goal is $111,786.20. We are at 80.21% of goal.
d. Nathan Davis – re-appointment to the Twin City Water and Sewer Board – Mayor’s Appointment -eff. September 1, 2023 for 3 years
e. Report successful cleanup day and thank you on July 8 to the Zanesville Ohio Skate, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
f. Update on CDBG Thornwood Sidewalk project – pending outstanding bill for $27,470.57
g. Received signed agreement to begin the Community Room Handicap Accessibility Project in Fall 2023. $95,000 approved.
1. Ptl. Christopher Vespoint has successfully completed his probationary period on July 3, 2023, he was hired 4-4-23
1. Road Closures for Dennison First Church of God, The Dennison Yard and Dennison Depot Museum
2. Petitions to vacate alleys – Dennison Bridge
3. Groundbreaking for the Stillwater Crossing Men’s Alcohol Treatment Center on Dudgeon Way, August 9, 2023 at 10:00 am
9. Ordinances and Resolutions
a. A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING MAYOR GREG DIDONATO TO PREPARE AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OHIO PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION STATE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT AND/OR LOCAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM(S) AND TO EXECUTE CONTRACTS AS REQUIRED
10. Committee Reports/Council person’s reports
Finance Committee and Economic Development met on July 13.
Adjournment – Next meeting is Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 6:00 pm